Eating in the cafeteria is a privilege. Students are to behave respectfully and responsibly or this privilege may be revoked. You may only use your student I.D. number, you may not use another student’s I.D. number, even if given permission. (The lunch menus are published on the website.)
- The school office does not loan money for lunches. If a student has forgotten their lunch money, they may call a parent or share a lunch with a friend. Students are not to beg or annoy others for money.
- Line up single file in lunch lines and behave appropriately and safely in line. No “saving” a space in line for a friend. Lines move quickly if students are attentive and prepared.
- When you are finished eating, throw out your trash and go outside, weather permitting. All food and beverages are to be consumed before going outside. On rainy days, special instructions will be given to you by the lunchroom supervisors.
- Walk with a purpose at a safe speed in the cafeteria.
- Lunch trays remain in the cafeteria at all times.
- The cafeteria’s cleanliness, orderliness, and safety are everyone’s responsibility. We expect everyone to contribute. Each person cleans his/her space, and helps to keep the general lunchroom area clean as a member of our community.
- All students will have an opportunity to help with the cafeteria clean-up on a rotating basis.
LUNCH RECESS STANDARDS
Students need to make choices that reflect safe, respectful, and responsible behavior at all times. During the lunch period, please remember:
- Always be prepared to go outside. Students are encouraged to bring a jacket or sweatshirt for cooler temperatures.
- Walk when leaving and entering the building at all times.
- Stay in plain view of the lunchtime supervisors at all times.
- Stay away from the bicycle racks and the bicycles.
- All food and beverages are to be consumed in the cafeteria. Food and drinks are not permitted outside at recess.
- Other rules may be made at any time by the administration or lunch supervisors to insure a safe and appropriate environment for all.
- Behavior should be positive and appropriate. Be respectful of yourself, others and all property.