Proof of Residency
Establishing Student Residency
Parent(s) guardians(s) need to provide proof of residency at: kindergarten registration and when entering as a new student.
The following information needs to be provided prior to the first day of the student's attendance:
- An original or registered birth certificate, with raised seal and complete birth number, for the student
- Other reliable proof, as determined by the Illinois Department of State Policy, of the student's identity and age, and an affidavit explaining the inability to produce a copy of the birth certificate.
CATEGORY A (ONE document required)
- Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment e.g. canceled check (homeowners)
- For recent move-ins, the Settlement Statement from closing documents on the sale of the home.
- Original signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment, e.g. canceled check or receipts (renters)
- In lieu of lease, a letter from landlord and proof of last month's payment
- Housing letter (military personnel)
- Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident
- Most recent mortgage statement
CATEGORY B (TWO documents showing proper address required)
- Driver's license or State ID
- Current vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Most recent cable television bill
- Most recent credit card bill
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowners/rental insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Most recent gas, electric, water bill and/or phone bill
If you are having trouble obtaining any of the documents, please contact the school's administrative assistant who will be happy to assist you.