Summer School and ESY
JUNE 4: D28 parents you will be receiving an e-mail with important information regarding the summer school program with your child's schedule.
District 28 offers summer school enrichment classes for all incoming first through 8th-grade students that attend District 28 schools. Extended School Year (ESY) classes are open to students in Young Explorers and incoming 1st through 8th-grade students receiving special education services, as determined during their Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings.
Summer School will take place from Wednesday, June 9, 2021 to Friday, July 2, 2021 and the hours are as follows:
- Incoming Grades 1-4: 8:45 a.m. to 12:40 p.m., with four, 55-minute periods at Westmoor Elementary School.
- Incoming Grades 5-8: 9:00 a.m. to 12:55 p.m., with four, 55-minute periods at Northbrook Junior High School.
ESY will take place from Wednesday, June 9, 2021 to Friday, July 2, 2021 and the hours are as follows:
- ESY YE: 8:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. at Westmoor Elementary School.
- ESY incoming Grades 1-4: 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. at Westmoor Elementary School.
- ESY incoming Grades 5-8: 9:00 a.m. - 11:55 a.m. at Northbrook Junior High School.
Summer School is a self-funded program, with program fees covering the cost of the class. Course offerings are posted a few weeks before registration which will open on Monday, March 29, 2021, at 7 p.m. Summer School registration will close on Friday, April 9, 2021.
All students and staff will be required to follow safety protocols by wearing face coverings and maintaining social distancing. This will impact the number of students who will be able to participate, so registration will be limited.
Contact: Lisa Tenuta, Administrative Assistant for Summer School