Welcome to Westmoor School!
The Westmoor School Community promotes a compassionate, cooperative and flexible learning environment designed to maximize student growth, demonstrate a conscientious personal investment by all, and utilize creativity to build unique pathways to learning.
Costumes Allowed on HalloweenCostumes will be allowed in K-5 for both in-person and RLA students. If your child chooses to wear a costume, please observe the following guidelines:
*In lieu of PTO-organized classroom parties, students will participate in fun, socially distanced activities throughout the day. We will work with our PTO to provide individually wrapped craft bags for our RLA students that will be available for pick-up on 10/28.
- Costumes will be worn all day. We’re discouraging parents from picking up in-person students for lunch this year as this will create challenges for social distancing.
- Costumes for ALL students must not be overly scary and may not include replica weapons or excessive blood or gore.
- Costumes for in-person students must allow for the following:
- Hands not covered and able to be washed/use sanitizer
- Students should be able to sit comfortably for the day
- Students should be able to use the bathroom without assistance
- Students' faces should be visible so that they are able to wear a typical face mask with their costume
- Please avoid inflatable or extra-large costumes
Physical Exam & Immunizations due Oct. 15*Applies to In-Person and Remote StudentsAs outlined in the Illinois School Code (105 ILCS 5/27-8.1), students entering an Illinois school for the first time and all students entering kindergarten as well as transfer students must submit evidence of a physical examination and a complete record of immunizations by October 15. The State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form must be completed within twelve months prior to the first day of school which this year was August 24. Unless an exemption or extension applies, the failure to comply with the above requirements by Thursday, October 15 of the current school year will result in the student's exclusion from school until the required health forms are presented to the District (Board Policy 7:100).Please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's school nurse with any questions. Details and forms are found in the Health Services webpage.
Thank you to our families for helping us each morning by performing the self-certification process. Please remember this needs to be done prior to a student arriving at school before 8 A.M. It also helps us out tremendously if you do this ASAP, as we track who has not certified and begin calling families by 8 a.m.
Shannon Road is not a drop-off/pickup location for the school. Please use our carline if you are dropping off or picking up. Parents who park on Shannon Road and walk students to the doors are asked to please follow traffic laws to ensure the safety of our students.
2500 Cherry Lane
Northbrook, IL 60062
Report an Absence
Please either email
or call 847-498-7960 before 9:00 a.m.
Tracy Ferraro, Admin. Asst.
Email | 847-504-3820
Helene Josephson, YE Admin. Asst.
Email | 847-504-3809
Email | 847-504-3815
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m