Join the District 28 Team!
Located on the east side of Northbrook, District 28 has an enrollment of just over 1,800 students at four schools: Greenbriar School, Meadowbrook School, Westmoor School and Northbrook Junior High. We employ approximately 450 full-time and part-time positions. In addition to certified educators, we have a range of full-time and part-time support positions.
Learn more about working in District 28 firsthand from our employees! Click on each picture to read their perspective.
Voices of D28: Click Each Photo
3rd Grade Teacher; 20 years at Westmoor School
23 years as educator, 1 year at D28
Math Interventionist, 18 years at Meadowbrook School
Band Director, 14 years as an educator, 1 year at D28
Director of Human Resources and Administrative Services
Employee Benefits Administrator
View our employment opportunities and apply
Student feedback and teacher responses to the 2022 Illinois 5Essentials Survey.
Values and Strengths
Superintendent Dr. Jason Pearson spent the first half of the 2022-23 school year visiting classroom and meeting staff, students and parents in small groups. You can read the complete entry plan report on the Superintendent’s page. Among his findings:
- Staff believe decisions are based on what's best for students.
- Staff believe there is a robust curriculum review process that honors teacher expertise.
- Staff, parents, and families value our smaller class sizes and ability to provide support and instruction based on student needs.
- Staff, parents and families appreciate a “whole-child” approach to learning that they feel is one of our core values.
- Families move here because they have a high confidence in the educational experience we are able to provide their students.
- Parents and guardians want to be partners with us in the education of their children and are very supportive of our schools with their time and resources.
- Staff, families, parents, and students see value in extending the classroom by providing students with service learning and field trip opportunities.
- Staff believe there is a positive culture.
- Staff believe there are strong professional development opportunities that are differentiated based on interest and need.
- Staff value collaboration & teamwork.
- The staff appreciates allotted planning time.
- They are respected as professionals and have a degree of instructional autonomy.
Data from the Illinois School Report Card and district data.