Pfizer Vaccine Available for Children Age 12+
Children age 12 and older are eligible for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Cook County Health Department and local pharmacies are offering everyone age 12+ the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine free of charge.
- If you would like to find a vaccination appointment, please visit this IDPH website or contact local pharmacies including CVS, Osco and Walgreens.
- Patients are encouraged to bring their ID and insurance cards to their appointment. You will not be turned away if you do not have an ID or insurance card.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to receive a vaccine.
More details about the COVID-19 vaccines and vaccination site locations are available at www.myshotcookcounty.com/locations.Public health officials are urging all eligible individuals to get vaccinated. Read the FAQ for Vaccination of Young People prepared by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Please speak with your family physician or pediatrician if you have any questions about vaccination.
- Children do not need to bring identification, however, parents are asked to bring an ID.
- If a parent does not have an ID, they can confirm at the time of vaccination that they are their child’s parent or legal guardian.
Northfield Township COVID-19 Elementary School Public Health Dashboard
Northfield Township Elementary School Districts continue to monitor the following metrics along with COVID-19 quarantine and case information within our schools. Metric designations are based on the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Adaptive Pause Guidance, which has been adapted for township-wide data.
Resources for Parents
Our district is collaborating with government agency leaders across Northbrook and Glenview to respond to the outbreak of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The Glenview Northbrook COVID-19 Task Force issues periodic updates as they relate to Northfield Township.