Join the District 28 Team!
Located on the east side of Northbrook, District 28 has an enrollment of just over 1,800 students at four schools: Greenbriar School, Meadowbrook School, Westmoor School and Northbrook Junior High. We employ approximately 450 full-time and part-time positions. In addition to certified educators, we have a range of full-time and part-time support positions.
Learn more about working in District 28 firsthand from our employees! Click on each picture to read their perspective.
Voices of D28: Click Each Photo
3rd Grade Teacher; 20 years at Westmoor School
23 years as educator, 1 year at D28
Math Interventionist, 18 years at Meadowbrook School
Band Director, 14 years as an educator, 1 year at D28
Student feedback and teacher responses to the 2022 Illinois 5Essentials Survey.
Values and Strengths
Superintendent Dr. Jason Pearson spent the first half of the 2022-23 school year visiting classroom and meeting staff, students and parents in small groups. You can read the complete entry plan report on the Superintendent’s page. Among his findings:
- Staff believe decisions are based on what's best for students.
- Staff believe there is a robust curriculum review process that honors teacher expertise.
- Staff, parents, and families value our smaller class sizes and ability to provide support and instruction based on student needs.
- Staff, parents and families appreciate a “whole-child” approach to learning that they feel is one of our core values.
- Families move here because they have a high confidence in the educational experience we are able to provide their students.
- Parents and guardians want to be partners with us in the education of their children and are very supportive of our schools with their time and resources.
- Staff, families, parents, and students see value in extending the classroom by providing students with service learning and field trip opportunities.
- Staff believe there is a positive culture.
- Staff believe there are strong professional development opportunities that are differentiated based on interest and need.
- Staff value collaboration & teamwork.
- The staff appreciates allotted planning time.
- They are respected as professionals and have a degree of instructional autonomy.
Data from the Illinois School Report Card and district data.