Incoming 6th Grade Information
Action Items for 6th-Grade Parents
- WL Choice Form Due May 12 - Unless a student has a Resource period on their schedule, all NBJH students take French or Spanish as one of their courses. If you are unsure whether your child will be enrolled in a Resource class for IEP or EL support, we encourage you to still complete the form. We ask that you complete this World Language Selection Form 2023-2024 by Friday, May 12. If we do not receive a response, we will assign a language to your child. (mandatory)
- Parent Input Form 2023 Due May 12 - It is your option to provide information that may assist the NBJH as they develop your student's schedule. If you choose to do this, please indicate your child's name, current school and teacher, parents' names, and phone number. Then describe your child as a learner - how they learn best, academic strengths, areas of growth and any other pertinent information. We do not accept specific requests for teachers; however, past experience at NBJH may provide us with helpful information during the placement process. You may use this form or include this information in an email to Dr. Meek (email@example.com). All parent input is due on or before May 12th. Your input will be confidential.
- Order School Supplies - Our PTO partners with an outside vendor to prepare school supply kits for each grade level. Families will receive information about the online ordering process in the coming weeks. The ordering window will be May 2-26; stay tuned for more details. Grade level school supply lists will be shared at a later date for families who choose to purchase supplies on their own. (optional)
- Secure an updated school physical for the 2022-2023 school year. Physicals are good for 13 months, so we recommend making an appointment this spring or summer if possible. All 6th-graders need an updated physical in order to participate in athletics and to attend the Outdoor Ed trip in the fall. Download the physical form. (required)
- Get Involved - There are a variety of ways for parents to get involved through our fabulous PTO. If interested, please reach out to one of our co-presidents for more information on volunteer opportunities. Jenny Morris: firstname.lastname@example.org Nicole Woods: email@example.com (optional)
May 10-12: NBJH visits elementary schools for articulation meetings.
May 12: Parent Feedback Letters Due
May 2-26: Online School Supply Ordering through the PTO
August 17: 6th Grade Orientation (school supply and schedule pickup)
August 23: First day of school (full day)
September 7: Curriculum Night
September 27-29: Outdoor Ed trip to Camp Timber-lee