Staff Rights and Responsibilities
I have the right to expect:
- parental support in working toward the behavior expected of their children.
- cooperation from parents in developing a program designed in the best interest of the child.
- an environment that is conducive to teaching.
- that each child tries to be a good listener.
- that each student arrives on time and follows the school calendar.
- that each student will be responsible for daily assignments.
- to be treated with respect by students & parents.
- that each student will be prepared for class.
- to be able to request support from colleagues and administrators to address disruptive behavior that interrupts the educational process.
I have the responsibility to:
- remember that children learn by the example I set.
- create a partnership for student success.
- foster open, ongoing communication with parents.
- be consistent and fair in dealing with children.
- provide an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- show respect for children’s feelings, recognizing their individuality, unique differences and needs.
- promptly notify parents of issues and/or disciplinary actions that would extend the school day so that we can work together.
- prevent discipline problems in or out of the classroom from interfering with the educational process.
- work with students on discipline problems from interfering with the educational process.