Kindergarten Registration 2021-22
It's an exciting time for parents and students when it's time to enroll in kindergarten! Please be sure to review the resources listed in the menu for more about our kindergarten program.
All children living within District 28 boundaries who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021 should register. After reading information below, please contact the appropriate school administrative assistant to register.
Follow These Important Steps
1. To prepare for registration, see the boundary map if you are uncertain which school your child will attend.
2. Assemble Residency Documents and scan as pdfs or take legible photos that clearly display content. You will be required to upload these documents during the registration process. (see descriptions below).
3. Download, complete and save required forms to your computer. (see links to forms below)
A parent(s) or guardians(s) must provide the following documents to register their child:
- An original copy of the child's birth certificate
- Other reliable proof, as determined by the Illinois Department of State Policy, of the student's identity and age, and an affidavit explaining the inability to produce a copy of the birth certificate.
CATEGORY A (ONE document required)
- Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g. canceled check (homeowners)
- For recent move-ins, the Settlement Statement from closing documents on the sale of the home.
- Original signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment, e.g. canceled check or receipts (renters)
- In lieu of lease, a letter from the landlord and proof of last month's payment
- Housing letter (military personnel)
- Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident
- Most recent mortgage statement
CATEGORY B (TWO documents showing proper address required)
- Driver's license or state ID
- Current vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Most recent cable television bill
- Most recent credit card bill
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowners/rental insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Most recent gas, electric, water bill and/or phone bill
If you are having trouble obtaining any of the documents, please contact the school's administrative assistant who will be happy to assist you.
Other Required Forms
Please DOWNLOAD each form, complete the form and save it to your computer. If you only open these forms in your browser, you will not be able to fill them out electronically:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD COMPLETED FORMS DURING THE ONLINE REGISTRATION.
Questions? Contact Our Elementary Schools
Greenbriar School, 2195 Cherry Lane (847-498-7950)
Principal: Dr. Ginny Hiltz | Administrative Assistant: Diane Gillis
Meadowbrook School, 1600 Walters Avenue (847-498-7940)
Principal: Pat Thome | Administrative Assistant: Anne Danstrom
Westmoor School, 2500 Cherry Lane (847-498-7960)
Principal: Mary Sturgill | Administrative Assistant: Tracy Ferraro