Welcome to Westmoor School!
The Westmoor School Community promotes a compassionate, cooperative and flexible learning environment designed to maximize student growth, demonstrate a conscientious personal investment by all, and utilize creativity to build unique pathways to learning.
Winter Session of Children's Choir
Registration is now underway for the Northbrook 28 Children's Choir winter trimester. If your 3rd through 5th grader enjoys singing and they would want to be part of a socially distant, 100% virtual Children's Choir, please contact Mr. Bartunek (firstname.lastname@example.org). 5th grade meets on Tuesday, 4th grade on Wednesday, and 3rd grade on Thursday after school from 3:45-4:30 p.m.
Costumes Allowed on HalloweenCostumes will be allowed in K-5 for both in-person and RLA students. If your child chooses to wear a costume, please observe the following guidelines:
*In lieu of PTO-organized classroom parties, students will participate in fun, socially distanced activities throughout the day. We will work with our PTO to provide individually wrapped craft bags for our RLA students that will be available for pick-up on 10/28.
- Costumes will be worn all day. We’re discouraging parents from picking up in-person students for lunch this year as this will create challenges for social distancing.
- Costumes for ALL students must not be overly scary and may not include replica weapons or excessive blood or gore.
- Costumes for in-person students must allow for the following:
- Hands not covered and able to be washed/use sanitizer
- Students should be able to sit comfortably for the day
- Students should be able to use the bathroom without assistance
- Students' faces should be visible so that they are able to wear a typical face mask with their costume
- Please avoid inflatable or extra-large costumes
RLA Books & Class Materials Pickups
The next materials pick up will be Wednesday, October 28, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. In addition to picking up new materials, please return library books so that we receive books back by their due dates.
Thank you to our families for helping us each morning by performing the self-certification process. Please remember this needs to be done prior to a student arriving at school before 8 A.M. It also helps us out tremendously if you do this ASAP, as we track who has not certified and begin calling families by 8 a.m.
Shannon Road is not a drop-off/pickup location for the school. Please use our carline if you are dropping off or picking up. Parents who park on Shannon Road and walk students to the doors are asked to please follow traffic laws to ensure the safety of our students.
2500 Cherry Lane
Northbrook, IL 60062
Report an Absence
Please either email
or call 847-498-7960 before 9:00 a.m.
Tracy Ferraro, Admin. Asst.
Email | 847-504-3820
Helene Josephson, YE Admin. Asst.
Email | 847-504-3809
Email | 847-504-3815
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m