• Register for 2021-22 School Year

    Kindergarten registration is held the first Tuesday and Wednesday of February for the following school year at the District’s three elementary schools: Greenbriar School, Meadowbrook School, and Westmoor School.

    Parents are required to register in person. Kindergarten students registering after the open enrollment period should contact the school administrative assistant and review the requirements listed below.

    District 28 offers full-day kindergarten. Parents have the option to select a full-day or half-day option. For details, contact the school your child will attend:

    • Greenbriar School: 847-498-7950
    • Meadowbrook School: 847-498-7940
    • Westmoor School: 847-498-7960

    Registration Requirements

    To start the process of registering your child/children in District 28, please check the district boundary map to confirm your residence is located within District 28's boundaries.

    Establishing Student Residency

    After parent(s) or guardians(s) have provided proof of residency, school personnel will provide you with a registration packet. Please bring the following documents to registration:

    • An original, certified copy of the child's birth certificate PLUS

    CATEGORY A (ONE document required)

    • Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g. canceled check (homeowners)
    • For recent move-ins, the Settlement Statement from closing documents on the sale of the home.
    • Original signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment, e.g. canceled check or receipts (renters)
    • In lieu of lease, notarized letter from landlord and proof of last month's payment
    • Housing letter (military personnel)
    • Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident
    • Most recent mortgage statement

    CATEGORY B (TWO documents showing proper address required)

    • Driver's license or state ID
    • Current vehicle registration
    • Voter registration
    • Most recent cable television bill
    • Most recent credit card bill
    • Current public aid card
    • Current homeowners/rental insurance policy and premium payment receipt
    • Most recent gas, electric, water bill and/or phone bill