Empower Every Learner to be an engaged, confident, caring, and inspired citizen.
Learners are empowered when they...
Engage in meaningful learning experiences that require:
- Critical thinking
- Curious exploration
- Creative expression
- Collaborative interaction
Experience personal growth through:
- Meeting or exceeding relevant learning goals
- Being challenged with tailored instruction
- Accepting responsibility and accountability for their learning
- Having voice and choice in their learning opportunities
Become global and digital thinkers who:
- Appreciate and respect diversity
- Participate as responsible citizens
- See the world as their classroom
- Use media and technology skillfully and responsibly
Feel supported by staff, families, and the community who:
- Collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ensure essential resources, including technology, are provided
- Serve as positive role models and lifelong learners
- Work together with passion and commitment to be responsible for sustaining high-quality schools.
- Continuous Improvement
Dr. Jason Pearson, Superintendent of Schools
Dr. Pearson brings a passion as a forward-thinking educational leader with over 20 years of service as a teacher, principal, assistant superintendent, and superintendent. In addition to his experience in public schools both in Tennessee and Illinois, Dr. Pearson also has a perspective on international comparative education. In 2007-08, he received a Fulbright Administrator Exchange Grant, administered by the United States Department of State, to partner with a school district administrator in Oulu, Finland. Early in his teaching career, he also spent time teaching on the Indian Ocean Island of Mauritius.
He comes to Northbrook from St. Charles Community Unit School District 303 where he spent the last 12 years as a district administrator, including the past five as Superintendent of Schools. He was selected by the Board of Education to lead the district effective July 1, 2022. He possesses the qualities and experience most desired by the staff and community as identified through surveys and focus groups conducted in the fall of 2021.
Dr. Pearson holds a Bachelor of Music in Music Education from Belmont University and a Master of Education in Educational Leadership from Trevecca Nazarene University. He earned a Doctor of Education degree in Educational Leadership and Policy from Vanderbilt University.
Review Dr. Pearson’s entry plan for the 2022-23 school year.