Welcome to Greenbriar School!
Greenbriar School serves approximately 380 students in grades K-5 in Northbrook School District 28. Mission: The Greenbriar community will provide a foundation for lifelong enjoyment of learning in a trusting and nurturing environment ensuring that our children reach their full potential.
Costumes Allowed on HalloweenCostumes will be allowed in K-5 for both in-person and RLA students. If your child chooses to wear a costume, please observe the following guidelines:
*In lieu of PTO-organized classroom parties, students will participate in fun, socially distanced activities throughout the day. We will work with our PTO to provide individually wrapped craft bags for our RLA students that will be available for pick-up on 10/28.
- Costumes will be worn all day. We’re discouraging parents from picking up in-person students for lunch this year as this will create challenges for social distancing.
- Costumes for ALL students must not be overly scary and may not include replica weapons or excessive blood or gore.
- Costumes for in-person students must allow for the following:
- Hands not covered and able to be washed/use sanitizer
- Students should be able to sit comfortably for the day
- Students should be able to use the bathroom without assistance
- Students' faces should be visible so that they are able to wear a typical face mask with their costume
- Please avoid inflatable or extra-large costumes
RLA Pickup Days & MAP Testing
The next library books/materials pickup is Wednesday, October 7 from 4:30 - 5:30 at your child’s home school. Look for more information from your child’s teacher(s) regarding what materials will be included in the pickup. Your child can also return library books, original iPad cases (5th and 6th grade) or other materials on October 7.
RLA students in 2nd - 8th grade will be taking the MAP assessment September 29 - October 23. Visit the Remote Learning Academy webpage for more information.
Families that travel to a state on the list of high-risk states as designated by the Cook County Department of Public Health must quarantine for 14 days when they return home. This applies to families who spend at least 24 hours in the state. This list is updated weekly on Tuesdays.
Daily Health Check Required
Thank you to our families for helping us each morning by performing the self-certification process. Please remember this needs to be done prior to a student arriving at school before 8 a.m. It also helps us out tremendously if you do this ASAP, as we track who has not certified and begin calling families by 8 a.m.
2195 Cherry Lane
Northbrook, IL 60062
Dr. Ginny Hiltz | firstname.lastname@example.org
Report an Absence
Call 847-498-7950 or email
M-F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
M-F 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.